Wilhelm B. Könning
|01.2006 – present||ADA COSMETICS INTERNATIONAL GMBH, Kehl/Germany
European market leader in producing cosmetic and amenity products (www.ada-cosmetics.com) for the hotel industry, company with annual turnover of € +120 million and +700 workforces.
CEO and Managing Partner
· 2006 to 2019 sales growth of 400%, EBITDA growth of 500%
· Achieved market leadership in Europe, # 3 world wide
· Realized four times an MBO with different Private Equity partners (2006, 2011, 2014, 2018)
|07.2004 – 10.2005||VOELKER AG, Witten/Germany
European market leader in medical technology, mid-sized family owned company with annual turnover of €+50 million and +200 workforce; Voelker AG produces ‘better’ beds and homelike furniture for institutional care, hospitals and domestic care.
· Restructured the entire company including financials, controlling, and manufacturing processes
|10.1999 – 06.2004||H.B. FULLER COMPANY, St. Paul, Minnesota/USA, Duesseldorf/Germany
118-year-old worldwide manufacturer of adhesives, sealants, coatings, paints and other specialty chemicals with +4500 employees; fiscal 2004 net revenue totalled $1.410 billion.
Global SBU Manager (St. Paul/USA) & Country Manager Japan
· Responsible for net sales of $180 million in the paper converting, tape & label, and tobacco market.
|04.1998 – 09.1999||AIR PRODUCTS GMBH, Hattingen/Germany
German branch of globally active Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. that serves customers in technology, energy, healthcare and industrial markets worldwide providing atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials and chemical intermediates.
Commercial Manager Germany & Austria (120 Mio. €)
|10.1992 – 03.1998||UNILEVER (NATIONAL STRACH & CHEMICAL), Daventry/UK
As member of the Unilever Group worldwide manufacturer of adhesives, specialty polymers, electronic materials and specialty starches, with sales of +$2 billion in 1999.
European Business Manager Cosmetics (Daventry/UK, 80 Mio. €)
|01.1990 – 09.1992||BAYER AG, Leverkusen/Germany
BU that today as Lanxess AG is a global manufacturer of synthetic rubber, synthetic fiber and plastics.Sales Representative for Cosmetics and Automotive Industry
|10.1982 – 12.1989||University of Bonn, Tenri and Nagoya University, Germany/Japan
M.A. in Japanese Studies; Economy and Sports
· A-Level degree from the University of Bonn
· Army service (German Bundeswehr) from 6/1977 until 9/1978
· Judo teacher (Black Belt, 2nd Dan, former 1st league player for Düsseldorf and Witten)